Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cape Cod

August 2008- My favorite vacation spot in the world is Cape Cod. The only place I can truly relax. We have been going to the Cape since I've been 3 years old. We go to Harwichport, MA. We stay at a timeshare that my parents bought 30 years ago. They originally bought 2 studio units....a unit for my parents to stay in and one for my brother and me. For the past few years my brother (Adam ) and sister in law (Nelly) go, as well as Scott, Matthew and I, so they rent another unit- a bigger one with an extra room since we have Matthew. It's a very simple place, but the location is amazing. It's on Main Street so you can walk everywhere- restaurants, shops and the beach. It also happens to be in the center of the Cape so it's a great location in general as far as getting to the other towns.

Some other great towns we go to while we are at the Cape are Chatham- (quaint town to go shopping), Orleans-( beaches), Dennis (bumper boats, trampolines and go carts for Matty), Provincetown ( shopping for the day), Hyannis (walk around town) Osterville, Yarmouth and Barnstable (shopping).

I can go on and on about the food- the greatest seafood ever........the foods i eat the most of while visiting are steamers and new england clam chowder.

Below are some pictures of our vacation to the Cape.


Pop Pop and Matthew building a sandcastle.


Swimming in Wychmere Harbor



A rainy day at the Cape


Getting ready to eat our 3 lb. lobsters- it doesn't get any better than that.............






Dancing the night away at the town fair.



just try and catch me...............

Enjoying dinner at Brax Landing in Harwichport



Dad and me after a great dinner at Marley's in Chatham

The boys joking around
Grandma and Matthew taking a swim

A few beautiful homes on our walk to the beach

Uncle Adam and Matthew (wearing mommie's sunglasses). You know you are on New England beaches when you see all the seaweed washed up on the beach.

Adam and Nelly

3 comments:

Mom2Girls said...

Wow what a great vacation!! Love your pictures, Matty is getting so big!! I agree the Cape is so relaxing and just beautiful...when I lived in MA we would go down there all the time. We used to vaca in Turo (town right before P-Town) I really miss it there. Sounds like you had a great time.

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! The beaches are so gorgeous there! I love the photos of Matty. He is getting so big! I don't blame him for not wanting to leave.

Grant Elliott said...

what a great time you all had. I love the photo of your dad and Matty on the beach building sandcastles together.